Foods That Cause Acne
it is important to eat healthy to be healthy and to keep your skin healthy. A healthy diet is good for your body including the largest organ of your body- the skin. But there are certain foods that can damage the skin and can be the reason for acne. Acne as we know is an inflammatory skin disease and which is very common in teenagers. Before you get to know about the foods that cause acne, it is better you should check out what is acne.
What are the foods that cause acne?
There is no medically approved evidence any food can directly cause acne and it is said that it can vary from person to person. Each and every one reacts differently to certain foods because of their body structures, health conditions and also lifestyles. So, certain foods may cause acne to one person but may not be problematic to another. However, continuous researches show us there are some foods or some kinds of foods which are more common and more problematic when it comes to acne. Like foods that increase hormone levels in the blood or the foods that contain high levels of toxins can cause acne.
Therefore, based on that we can generalise certain types of foods which are most commonly known to cause acne. Here are the list of those foods and the types of those foods.
Foods that Cause Acne
• Iodine is one of the most important minerals that our body needs for various functions including metabolism. But some researches show us that there is a link between iodine and acne. That means foods which have more iodine can cause acne. These foods are seafood and sea vegetables and also spinach. But having said that we must note many health experts and researchers believe iodine does not cause acne and it’s a myth. But it is also true that excessive amount of iodine is not good for our body and can lead to acne and other health problems.
• Trans fats (A fatty acid that has been produced by hydrogenating an unsaturated fatty acid) play a major role in acne. Trans fats are used in many foods including processed foods such as margarine and fried foods and puddings and commercially baked goods and partially hydrogenated vegetable oils. Excessive consumption of these types of foods may cause excess toxins in the body which can lead to acne.
• Refined carbs and refined sugar rich foods can cause acne. So these foods should be eliminated from the diet to prevent the sudden hike in insulin which may cause acne. Some these foods are candy, cakes, cookies, ice cream, artificial fruit juice, potato, soft drinks etc.
• Consuming alcohol and caffeine can lead to acne. Consumption of alcohol and caffeine triggers hormone production and this can lead to acne. Basically the intake of these disturbs the lifestyle (Like sleep patterns) and aggravates the stress level. This hormonal imbalance can cause acne.
• Omega 6 fatty acids are good for health. Our body uses Omega 6 to make hormones. But this causes inflammation. So more omega-6 fats in your diet there are more chances of inflammation whether it’s the cells of your skin or lungs. Foods that are rich in omega-6 are among the foods that cause acne, some of them are bacon, ham, pie crust, bologna, cheeseburgers etc.
Although these are the foods that can cause acne but as said above there are still some doubts and health experts believe impact of the foods on health varies from person to person and there is no evidence that any food can directly cause acne.